Events Art and Sensing the Forest Hike
Join us for an Art and Sensing the Forest Hike hosted by Artist-in-Residence, Amy Hook-Therrien, and Ranger Jennifer Swett. Amy and Jen will lead visitors on a moderate 3-mile hike through the forest, as well as guide them through relaxing and uplifting experiences through silent walking, sit spots, journaling, and painting. This program offers a unique opportunity to creatively connect with nature.
- Bring a journal. Art supplies are provided.
- Bring a lunch and plenty of water.
- Wear comfortable layers and sneakers or hiking boots.
- Program will include periods of hiking, interspersed with standing and seated activities. You may wish to bring a towel or cushion to sit on. Trail has some sections of steep grade; total elevation gain is approximately 350ft.
- In the event of inclement weather, the program will be conducted inside the Forest Center.
Dates & Times
Parking for Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park is located at Billings Farm & Museum, 69 Old River Road, Woodstock, VT 05091. After parking, walk towards the Billings Farm & Museum and take the concrete path to the right of the Visitor Center. Walk up the path, cross Elm St using the cross walk, and take the left fork in the road to walk up a short, steep hill towards the Forest Center. Additional Details