With more temperate weather on average than June and July, August’s hot days and cooler nights are an ideal time to explore Woodstock’s surrounding trail systems, play a round of golf or attend our outdoor events.
- Whether you’re a seasoned golfer or a beginner looking to enjoy the sport amidst Vermont’s natural beauty, the 18-hole course at the Woodstock Country Club promises an unforgettable golfing experience that will leave you yearning to return for more rounds.
- Looking for the best view in Woodstock? We suggest packing the pup and a picnic and heading for the summit of Mt. Peg where you can enjoy sweeping views of the valley below. August is the perfect time to enjoy peak greenery and lush rolling hills.
Soak up the Arts
Known for local craftsmen, Woodstock is a folk art hub filled with musicians, ceramicists, glassblowers and everything in between. Join us in August to celebrate the arts en plein air with outdoor concerts, markets, and classes.
- The Friday night East End (free) Concert Series continues throughout August in Woodstock. Enjoy live music on the Village Green with weekly rotating artists and bands. Make sure to pack a picnic and a blanket to kick back and relax on.
- Head to Fable Farm every Thursday in August to enjoy local music against the backdrop of the Green Mountains at Feast and Field. Hear music from weekly musicians curated by the Barn Arts Center for the Arts and get a local bite to eat or a Vermont IPA provided by Fable Farm.
- Feeling inspired to create yourself? Make sure to check out our Events Calendar for creative art classes this August. Take a painting lesson from Artists-in-Residence at Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller Historical Park with Sip and Paint in the gardens or discover your creative side at one of Artistree’s workshops.
Enjoy the Local Harvest
Woodstock locals are spoiled with farm fresh produce and provisions from our many working farms. August is specifically notable for our bounty of tomatoes, corn, squash, cucumbers and flowers. Make sure to stop by local festivals and markets to try them for yourself!
- Join us at Kelly Way Gardens for the 8th Annual Great Tomato Tasting. Choose from 75 different varieties of fresh tomatoes to sample in the gardens where they were grown and harvested. Contact the Woodstock Inn for reservations.
- Visit the sunflower mecca at the Sunflower House at Billings Farm! Wander through a labyrinth surrounded by thousands of yellow flowers. Want a sneak peak of the sunflower house? Checkout these photos taken by fellow visitors to Billings Farm on Instagram.
- Get your midweek farm fix at our Market on the Green farmers and craft market every Wednesday from 3-6, May through October.
Celebrate All Things Woodstock
If you’re visiting Woodstock in August you won’t want to miss our annual Taste of Woodstock Festival! Every year the Woodstock community gets together to celebrate everything Woodstock is known for, from musical entertainment and dancing in the streets to local arts and farm to table food. With over 50 vendors set up in the downtown area, you’ll experience quintessential small-town Vermont packed with flavor.