THURSDAY, JUNE 28…
All day activities:
- Handmade two ways! As part of Pie & Pottery, you’ll visit King Arthur Flour in Norwich for a 3-hour berry pie baking course, followed by lunch, then an afternoon of wheel throwing at Farmhouse Pottery. From 9 AM – 4 PM.
- Or, if you’ve got a full workday ahead of you, try a more collaborative approach at the Optimist Center. From 10 AM – 4 PM, join in on a session of Open Coworking.
- Looking for hands-on culinary fun in the afternoon? Together with Woodstock Inn & Resort Chef Rhys H. Lewis, serve up spicy and sweet flavors with a side of jazz! Visit Kelly Way Gardens for a cooking course and live music from 12 – 8 PM.
For a music-filled night, take your pick:
- Head out to Barnard for a night of revelry with Feast & Field! Shop for local produce, eat, drink, and dance from 4:30 – 7:30 PM, with live music from Dana and Susan Robinson.
- Taste 15 wines for $15 at the Barnard Inn from 5 – 7 PM, with proceeds going to Zack’s Place Community Enrichment Center!
- As part of Interplay Jazz & Art's week of music, enjoy views of the Ottauquechee while taking in music and art on the back lawn of the Woodstock History Center! Visit from 5:30 to 7 PM to kick off the Pentangle Arts Council Brown Bag series. To learn more about other events presented by Interplay, click here.
- Or hear the Detours performing at the River Road Summer Concert in Killington from 6 – 7:30 PM.
FRIDAY, JUNE 29…
All day activities:
- For the experienced reiki student, join Moira Notargiacomo for traditional Usui Reiki II at the North Chapel from 9 AM – 4 PM.
- Or get out on the green for the 9th Annual Woodstock Rec Golf Classic from 11:30 AM – 6 PM.
- Later, go back in time with 1960s Cocktail Hour at Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park! Beginning at 5:30 PM, step down into the Rockefeller’s fallout shelter where you can sample fallout food, followed by cheese and crackers from Billings Farm & Museum. Costumes optional but encouraged!
- Or for a high-impact evening, scope out Summer Pick-up Ultimate Frisbee at Vail Field beginning at 5:30 PM! All levels are welcome for this recurring game every Friday – just bring a white shirt, a colored shirt, and cleats if you have them! Contact [email protected] for more information.
- At 6 PM, stroll through town and tour the Woodstock History Center, Woodstock Gallery, and Gallery on the Green for a wide range of art and exhibits!
For a night of music, choose between:
SATURDAY, JUNE 30…
- Hike the AT with the Green Mountain Club at 9:30 AM! NPS Ranger and GMC Leader Angie Emerson will be leading the Boots to Boats hike, beginning at Woodstock Stage Road and ending at Pomfret Road (2.2 miles, 200’ elevation gain, easy). Register with the Park at (802)457-3368x222.
- The Mount Tom Farmer’s Market will be offering fresh and local produce, crafts, coffee, jarred goods, handcrafted wares, and more – from 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM.
- Hike Lebanon’s Boston Lot Lake and enjoy a morning of yoga on the shore from 10 AM – 12:30 PM with Inner Lift Yoga.
- Women for a Change (WFAC) is asking you to join a national day of protests against Trump’s immigration plan. Meet at Tribou Park by 11 AM to stand with sister demonstrations scheduled through the country.
Later... experience the Opening Celebration of The Green Mountain Perkins Academy & Historical Association at 2 PM, including a silent auction!
Then, catch a showing of Peter and the Farm at 5 and 7 PM. As part of the Woodstock Vermont Summer Film Series, Billings Farm & Vermont is showing this award-winning documentary that takes an intimate, biting look at Peter Dunning—a hard-drinking individualist—as he manages his Vermont farm.
SUNDAY, JULY 1…
- Meet and chat with artists Bryce Wymer and Tom Zilian about their silkscreen prints and oil paintings create for Farmhouse Pottery. As a bonus, you’ll sip mimosas and get a peek into the Farmhouse Pottery workshop! The Artists Brunch runs from 10 AM – 2 PM.
- Mountain bikers: are you ready for a truly gnarly course? Then join Vermont Overland and Cannondale from 10 AM – 4 PM for VO Pavé Madness, a 23-mile adventure ride!
- Celebrate summer with SILO Distillery at their Tiki Party from 12 – 5 PM. Come and unique cocktails, delicious food from Artisan Eats Vermont, and Island Time Steel Drums!
Don’t miss this opportunity hear the Vermont Symphony Orchestra perform out in the open air at Suicide Six! Beginning at 7:30 PM, hear pieces by Saint-Sens, Strauss, and John Williams, among others, while a pyrotechnics show dazzles you with light.
Later, end the night with a bang at the Foundry at Summit Pond, where Independence Day Fireworks will be set off from 9 – 10 PM.