BarnArts Center for the Arts
As a community arts center in a small rural town, our ambitions at BarnArts are modest and meant to stay within the limitations of our landscape. We aim to stimulate, perhaps challenge and certainly offer real opportunities for participating in arts, particularly for the local youth. Our slogan Building Community through Art is the essence of our intentions.
BarnArts 2018 Season
- Brighton Beach Memoirs by Neal Simon Feb 9-18 The Grange Theatre
- Masquerade Jazz & Funk Music Carnival March 10 Barnard Town Hall
- Community Contra Dances & Potlucks January 27 & March 30
- Race Around the Lake 5k/10k Fundraiser May 20 Silver Lake State Park
- Music on the Farm June 7- Oct 18 Feast & Field Market
- It Can’t Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis June 16-July 1 Feast & Field
- Spamalot School Edition BarnArts SYT Aug 3-5 Barnard Town Hall
- The Producers by Mel Brooks Oct 12-21 Woodstock Town Hall Theatre
- Holiday Cabaret Wassail Weekend ArtisTree
- Winter Carols Mid-Dec First Universalist Church of Barnard
For updated programming info, please visit our website.
BarnArts programs include: BarnArts Summer Youth Theater, BarnArts Teen Touring Company, Winter Carols, BarnArts Chorale and BarnArts Youth Chorale, BarnArts Masquerade Jazz and Funk Winter Music Carnival, Art on the Farm, and a yearly program of Community Theater. Having a live interactive experience with music, theater and art is a special and rare form of community participation and an outlet for civic dialogue. Specifically at BarnArts, the artworks we present are intended to inspire thoughtfulness, expression and reflection. We believe there is a societal hunger for meaningful and communal engagement, and BarnArts is uniquely positioned to offer an outlet for this expression for community members of all ages.