AMENITIES YOU CAN’T IGNORE…
If you’re looking for a walkable location with plenty of activities, culture, and amenities, Woodstock is a great alternative to Boston and New York City—with a surprisingly affordable cost of living!
Because Woodstock isn’t your typical Vermont town. We've got the hallmarks of rustic Vermont charm—neighbors you can rely on for more than a cup of sugar, centuries-old country stores, panoramic vistas, and all the maple syrup you could ever dream of—with big-city conveniences. That perfect balance of charm and convenience is why moving to Woodstock offers a better way of life. And we’ve got the amenities to prove it—most within walking distance of the town green:
- More than 20 restaurants
- Over 30 shops
- 25+ places to stay, from motels to full service inns
- 7 places of worship, including Catholic, Jewish, Christian, Universalist, Episcopal, and Mennonite
- 3 miles to Suicide Six, 6 miles to Quechee Ski Hill, 20 miles to Killington ski areas
- 2 extensive trail systems for walking, running, biking, cross-country and downhill skiing, snowshoeing, and horseback riding, as well as Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park, one of two national parks in the entire state of Vermont
- 2 recreation centers offering exercise rooms, classes, tennis courts, pool access, and more
- 2 daycare centers and endless playgroup opportunities
- Health centers and services, including primary, pediatric, chiropractic, and dental care, physical therapy, and a pharmacy
- A movie theatre and performing arts center
- One of the top-performing school districts in Vermont
JUST VISITING OR READY TO RELOCATE? WE CAN HELP…
Whether you’re visiting for the first time or already planning your move, you’ll feel at ease in Woodstock thanks to a setting and community that foster both relaxation and exploration. And we’d love to help you get to know every nook and cranny of our town! Stop by the Welcome Center where we can introduce you to our newest residents and share our best-kept secrets that make Woodstock a wonderful place to live. Email or visit us at:
- [email protected]
- Mechanic Street, Woodstock, 05091 – just behind Green Mountain Creamery
CONTINUING YOUR CAREER IN VERMONT…
Considering a move to the Woodstock area? Located in one of the top-ranked states for personal and professional opportunities, Woodstock is a prosperous place for families, singles, and a strong community. Our central location and proximity to the Green Mountains foster healthy lifestyles, great schools, and a creative small-business atmosphere that enable Woodstock residents to live their best lives.
As you get acquainted with our residents, you’ll realize that many found a way to balance their careers and a move to Woodstock—to achieve a lifestyle they love. With Olympians and Fortune 500 executives alike calling our town home, the networking opportunities can’t be beat.
As a bonus, downtown Woodstock is entirely wireless, making it an ideal town for telecommuters who love flexible workspaces, from coffee shops, to the library, collaborative spaces like our Optimist Center, or a bench on the green! This service is free for anyone to enjoy. And if your out-of-state employer is willing to let you work remotely, now is the best time to plan a move to Woodstock. Available on a first-come, first-served basis, $10,000 grants are available to remote workers who move to Vermont from January 1, 2019 onward.
For those searching for a new position:
- Woodstock’s bustling village means there are always local employment opportunities in a wide variety of industries, including healthcare, education, food-service, retail, real estate, construction, finance, and more. Visit the Woodstock Job Bank for a listing of part-time and full-time positions.
- Hubs like Hartford, VT and West Lebanon, NH are less than 15 miles from our town center and offer great places to work like Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, King Arthur Flour, Timken Aerospace, Thermal Dynamics, and Tele Atlas.
MOVING YOUR BUSINESS HERE…
With a thriving commercial culture and professional community, Woodstock has many opportunities to help you grow a business of any size. If you’re thinking of starting or relocating a business to the area, click here for more information.