If you can imagine it, Artistree’s got it with a jaw-dropping range of summer camps – from perennial favorites like gymnastics to new additions including computer programming! Via partnerships with the Vermont Institute of Natural Science and Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park, and explorations of SculptureFest and Billings Farm & Museum, the scope for creative fun goes well beyond Artistree’s art studio, stage, and stunning grounds.
- Dates and Times: One-day and Monday through Friday sessions for morning (9 AM to 12 PM) and afternoon (1 to 4 PM) classes.
- Programs and Age Groups: Art (drawing, painting, woodworking, ceramics, and everything in between), dance and aerobatics, hands-on science and exploration, music, whimsical, computer programming, theatre, history, farm and animals, and more for a range of ages from three to 15.
- Location: Artistree Community Arts Center/Purple Crayon, 2095 Pomfret Rd, South Pomfret, VT 05067 (primary location)
This Christ-centered camping experience makes fun in the great outdoors attainable for ages five to 10, with day and overnight options featuring pond swimming and crafts for the little ones, and tree-house sleep-outs, camp-wide challenges, cooking over a fire, survival training, overnight trips, and even leadership development for the older set!
- Dates and Times:
- Launch Camp: Two Monday through Friday day-camp session options: June 24th through 28th, July 1st through 5th; and one Monday through Thursday option July 29th through August 1st – from 8:15 AM to 4 PM. Launch half and full programs offer kids at least six years of age a chance to spend the night: follow the link to learn more!
- Core Camp: Three Sunday through Friday session options: June 23rd through 28th, June 30th through July 5th, July 21st through 26th. Two-week programs also available. Click here for more details.
- Summit Camp: Three Sunday through Friday session options: July 7th through 12th, and two programs running July 14th through 19th
- Leadership Camp: Counselor-in-training (July 21st through August 1st) and Leader-in-training (August 4th through 9th) programs available
- Age Groups: five to 10 (Launch), nine to 13 (Core), 12-17 (Summit), and 15-17 (Leadership)
- Location: 2610 Lynds Hill Rd, Plymouth, VT 05056
ALL 2019 SESSIONS ARE FULL
Want to spend a week in a farmer’s shoes? Kids ages eight through 12 years of age can do just that at Billings Farm & Museum’s Junior Farmer Camp! Meet and care for the local animals (including milking a cow!), make tasty dairy treats by hand, explore gardening and tractor pulling, take a hayride, tie-dye shirts with natural dyes, and much more during this immersive farm experience.
- Dates and Times: Three Monday through Friday session options: June 24th through 28th, July 15th through 19th, and July 29th through August 2nd – from 9 AM to 3 PM
- Age Groups: 8 to 12 years of age
- Location: Billings Farm & Museum, 69 Old River Rd, Woodstock, VT 05091
8 camp programs cover it all: from day-programs of scampering, sliding, swimming, singing, and strumming for the littlest campers to overnight stays offering a range of adventures including building shelters, attending a goat wedding, rock climbing, tending a farm, and even 272-mile Long Trail hikes!
- Dates and Times: One and two-week day camp sessions running from June 24th through August 9th, one-month and full (month-and-a-half) sessions from June 26th to August 11th.
- Programs and Age Groups: Mixed gender Barn Day Camp for ages 4-10, Timberlake for gender non-binary and boys ages 9-14, Indian Brook for girls and gender non-binary ages 9-14, Red Spruce Grove for girls and gender non-binary ages 11-14, Flying Cloud for boys and gender non-binary ages 11-14, Saltash Mountain for mixed gender 11-14, Questers for mixed gender ages 15-17, and Tamarack Farm for mixed genders ages 15-17.
- Location: 401 Farm and Wilderness Rd, Plymouth, VT 05056 USA
Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park: Mountains and Rivers Forever (FULL for 2019) & Fun in the Forest
Get ready to see the wild side of Woodstock via two programs: Mountains and Rivers Forever (2019 PROGRAM IS FULL) and Fun in the Forest! With Mountains and Rivers Forever, a one to two-week summer camp in July or August, middle schoolers learn personal responsibility, hard work, outdoor enjoyment, education, and respect of the environment through a variety of conservation experiences – including an overnight camping excursion! Via a partnership with Artistree, Fun in the Forest enables little ones ages four through six to explore their five senses, curiosity, and local woodlands through crafts, music, movement, and outdoor adventures.
- Dates and Times: The Mountains and Rivers Forever program is FULL. Fun in the Forest is a one-week camp from Monday, June 24 to Friday, June 28 from 9 AM to 12 PM.
- Programs and Age Groups: Mountains and Rivers Forever is geared toward middle-schoolers ages 11 to 15. Fun in the Forest is available for ages 4-6.
- Location: Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park, Old River Rd, Woodstock, VT 05091 (primary location)
Enter stage left for Creative Dance and Performing Arts Camps with Pentangle Arts! Theater buffs ages eight through 16 will hone their vocal technique and presentation, drama, improvisational theater, singing, and choreography skills to the songs and scenes of The Sound of Music, Fiddler on the Roof, and the Music Man. Meanwhile, dance campers (ages nine through 14) will create, collaborate, and explore new ways of thinking, articulating, and moving inspired by contemporary modern, jazz, ballet, and hip-hop techniques over two weeks. Both camps will culminate in live performances to showcase a spectacular range of new skills!
- Dates and Times: Creative Dance Camp July 1st through 12th, Performing Arts Camp July 22nd through 26th – 9 AM to 4 PM daily.
- Programs and Age Groups: Creative Dance Camp for ages 9 through 14, Performing Arts Camp for ages 8 through 16
- Location: Woodstock Town Hall Theatre, 31 The Green, Woodstock, VT 05091
This one’s for the groms: a program designed for junior mountain bikers in the making! During these two-day weekend sessions at Suicide Six Bike Park, certified coaches will teach kids ages seven to 14 the essentials of braking, cornering, balancing, descending and lifting – so they can make the most of the park’s skills area, pump track, and lift-serviced trails. As an added bonus, all participants will receive a 2019 Bike Park Pass so the shredding can continue all summer long!
- Dates and Times: Select Saturdays and Sundays June through August from 9 AM to 4 PM: June 15th and 16th, July 13th and 14th, August 3rd and 4th.
- Age Groups: 7 to 14 years of age
- Location: Suicide Six Bike Park, 247 Stage Road, South Pomfret, VT
MANY 2019 PROGRAMS ARE FULL – CHECK WEBSITE FOR FULL DETAILS
Through themed camps geared toward four key age groups, kindergarteners (in partnership with Artistree) through 8th graders will uncover a new wonder of the natural world day-by-day via crafts that get their hands dirty, falconry, aquatic exploration, STEM, survival training, and more. After a day, a week, or an overnight stay, your kids will come home with new friends and a deeper connection to nature.
- Dates and Times: Monday through Thursday 9 AM to 4 PM, 9 AM to 3:30 PM Fridays (camp hours can be extended to 5:30 PM for an additional fee). Peeps camps run from 9 AM to 12 PM. Overnight camps available for grades 6-8.
- Programs and Age Groups: Peeps ages 4-5 (or entering kindergarten), Fledglings grades 1-3, Falcons grades 4-6, Eagles grades 6-8.
- Location: The VINS Nature Center, 149 Natures Way, Quechee, VT 05059 (primary location)
Do your kids want to tinker with technology – fixing mountain bikes or building their own robots? Or would they rather create a documentary, explore the woods, cook a locally-grown meal, star in a play – or even set off a rocket? Children in grades one through 12 can do all that and more at Summer SOAK’s four-week program of discovery presented by the Windsor Central Supervisory Union.
- Dates and Times: 7/1/19-7/26/19 (one 4-week program) from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM daily.
- Programs and Age Groups: For 1st through 12th grade
- Location: Woodstock Union High School, 70 Amsden Way, Woodstock, VT 05091 (primary location)
Kids ages five through 12, take your pick of six camp sessions featuring the grand outdoor spaces and amenities of the Woodstock Inn & Resort! From tennis and swimming at the Athletic Club to gardening at Kelly Way, hiking and biking Mt Peg and Suicide Six to golfing on the Country Club’s vibrant green, and even exploring the history of Billings Farm & Museum – the activities of this spectacular summer camp guarantee non-stop fun.
- Dates and Times: Running from June 17 through August 23, there are six mid-week camp sessions, with half (9 AM to noon or 1 to 4 PM) and full-day (9 AM to 4 PM, aftercare available by reservation) Monday through Friday.
- Programs and Age Groups: Tennis, golf, mountain biking, hiking, cardio games, obstacle courses, arts and crafts, gardening, swimming, and more for those in Kindergarten through 6th grade (5 to 12 years of age).
- Location: Suicide Six, 247 Stage Road, South Pomfret, VT (primary location)
From games to nature walks, swimming lessons and crafts – the Woodstock Recreation Center’s Day Camps deliver everything you remember from your childhood camps and more! Plus, Field Hockey Camp is also available for grades 3-8.
- Dates and Times: Weekly or daily (Monday through Friday) camps available from 8:30 AM to 5 PM beginning the week of June 17th and ending the week of August 12th. Field Hockey Camps runs exclusively June 17th through 20th from 9 AM to 12 PM.
- Programs and Age Groups: Grouped by ages 5/6, 7/8, 9/10, and 11/12 (field hockey camp available for grades 3-8)
- Location: Vail Field, South St, Woodstock, VT 05091 (primary location)