ALL WEEKEND LONG…
- 26-29: Catch a student performance of James and the Giant Peach at Northern Stage in White River Junction! But call soon – all dates are nearly sold out.
- 27-29: Thetfest music festival is beginning at 12 PM! Join the experience in Thetford Center: bring a tent, BYOB, and enjoy performances by Kara Lis Coverdale, Swimmer, Glenn Jones, Boston Cream, Jarv, ID M Theftable, Greg Davis, Bong Wish, The Pilgrims, and more. Tickets start at $25.
- 27-29: The 10th Annual Bookstock Literary Festival is starting bright and early at 9 AM! Enjoy three days of public readings, poetry slams, art exhibits, live music, creative workshops, and an enormous book sale.
- 27-29: The Vermont Mountain Bike Festival starts at 12 PM! Visit the Sport Trails of the Ascutney Basin in Brownsville for daylong rides for every difficulty and terrain, as well as kid-friendly pump track sessions. Feel free to camp it and access all the activities and offerings, including relaxing yoga, great food, cold beer, live music, and a roaring bonfire. Registration required.
- 27-29: Suicide Six's Elemental Bike Park is open all weekend every weekend for scenic chair rides and 6 miles of mountain biking trails! Open 12 - 7 PM on Fridays, 10 AM - 5 PM Saturdays and Sundays.
- 27-30: Beginning at 6 PM, stroll through town to admire the buildings, its history center, and the beautiful artwork displayed in village galleries, including the Woodstock Gallery and Gallery on the Green. This free event includes music, refreshments, and plenty of window shopping!
- 28-29: The Harpoon BBQ Festival is at 11 AM! Visit Harpoon Brewery at 336 Ruth Carney Dr in Windsor for epically good food. Watch as the BBQ teams cooking your food compete for a ticket to the Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational Barbecue. Entrance is $15, which includes one beer or soda ticket.
- 28-29 (and beyond): Catch a showing of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (PG-13) at the Town Hall Theatre.
- 28-29 (and beyond): Check out a juried exhibition of colorful quilts made exclusively in Windsor County at Billings Farm & Museum’s 32nd Annual Quilt Exhibition! Happening from 10 AM – 5 PM.
THURSDAY, JULY 26…
Clock some hours at Open Co-Working beginning at 10 AM at the Optimist Center.
Then, take a relaxing lunch break at Thursdays in the Park, happening at Colburn Park in Lebanon, NH. From 12 – 1 PM, Wildlife Encounters will be there to introduce animals the kids will love.
Later, stroll through Kelly Way Gardens from 3 – 3:45 PM with Master Gardner Benjamin Pauly during the complimentary Five Senses Tour.
For a night of conversation and drinks, head over to Barnard Inn for the Thirsty Thursday Charity Wine Series. From 5 – 7 PM, taste 15 wines for $15, with proceeds going to the Thompson Senior Center.
At 7 PM, watch local Yoh Theatre Players present Bakkhi, a fresh take on Euipides' text by Anne Carson that brings new life to the Greek tragedy. Happening at the Grange Theatre.
Or follow up with an outdoor concert in Colburn Park in Lebanon! From 7 – 8:30 PM, The Hunts, an alt/indie band will be performing at the Front Porch Concert Series. Rain location: SAU Building, 20 Seminary Hill, West Lebanon.
FRIDAY, JULY 27…
Visit a 1960s-era fallout shelter with Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller NHP’s Fallout Fridays! Happening from 2 – 3 PM.
Then, get outdoors with a host of activities that’ll get you smelling the fresh air:
- 4 – 6 PM: Join fellow female mountain bikers for Divas of Dirt at Killington Resort! Participation is free with your own bike and a valid bike park ticket or pass.
- 5:30 - 7 PM: Get in some plein air painting and flower pressing with Canvas and Cork, a free event at Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller NHP.
- 5:30 - 7 PM: Check out this week’s Brown Bag Concert performance by John O’Connor and Nat Williams on the History Center’s back lawn overlooking the Ottauquechee. Free but donations recommended.
Or at 7 PM, enjoy a free Chamber Music Concert at the North Chapel at 7 Church St Woodstock, VT 05091. Featuring Sakiko Ohashi on piano and Maxim Kozlov on the cello.
SATURDAY, JULY 28…
There’s a cornucopia of activities to choose from, just look and see!
Get in the garden:
- 9 – 9:45 AM: How to Make a Great Garden Smoothie at the Red Barns at Kelly Way Gardens. Complimentary event.
- 10 AM – 12 PM: A Garden Tour and Tasting - Considering the Carrot at Kelly Way Gardens. Registration required.
- 2 – 3 PM: Gardens Through the Generations beginning at the Carriage Barn Visitor Center in the Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller NHP. Free, but reservations are recommended.
- 9 AM – 1 PM: International Monarch Monitoring Blitz - Working Woodlands Workshop. Free, but please pre-register as space is limited. Happening at the Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller NHP Forest Center.
- 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM: Mt Tom Farmers’ Market
- 10 AM: Kayak to Harpoon Brewery’s BBQ Festival. Hosted by Lebanon Recreation & Parks. Includes guided kayak trip along the Connecticut River, entrance into the BBQ festival, and one beverage – all for $25. Equipment and transportation is included.
A bit of culture:
SUNDAY, JULY 29…
12 – 5 PM: Make an ice mural of your own at Paint the Ice 2018! This family event hosted by Union Arena & Woodstock Youth Hockey includes painting from 12 – 2 PM, public skating on the artwork from 3 – 4:30 PM. $5 per person, which includes games and ice cream.
From 2 – 3:15 PM, check out the Hidden Spaces Tour of the Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller estate. During this behind-the-scenes look, you’ll gain access to many of the spaces usually closed to the public, including the family bedrooms on the third floor of the Mansion, the service wing of the big house, the Rockefeller's soda fountain, bowling alley and more! Adults $8, Seniors 62+ or passholders $4, 15 and under free.
Later, from 5 – 8 PM, dine in style at The Red Barn Dinner Series at Kelly Way Gardens. Registration required for a farm-fresh meal you won’t forget.