ALL WEEKEND LONG…
8/30 – 9/2 & beyond: Revel in the musical experience with the hilarious comedy, I Love You, You’re Perfect, Now Change, playing at the Grange Theatre at ArtisTree. Showtimes vary by day, tickets available online for purchase.
8/30 – 9/3 & beyond: Swing by King Farm for LandARTLab, a free exhibition of sculptures from 17 different artists, open from dawn till dusk (8 AM – 8 PM).
8/30 – 9/3 & beyond: The 32nd Annual Quilt Exhibition continues at Billings Farm & Museum from 10 AM – 5 PM!
8/30 – 9/3 & beyond: Between 10 AM and 5 PM daily (except Sunday), you can catch an exhibit of Diana Mellar’s “Digital Doodles” in the Mezzanine Art Gallery of the Norman Williams Public Library.
8/31 – 9/2: Catch Distance Days and the Annual 82nd 100-mile CTR, spectator-friendly horseback riding competitions at Green Mountain Horse Association! Check the GMHA website here for a full schedule.
8/31 – 9/3: Some missions are not a choice; visit the Town Hall Theatre for a showing of Mission Impossible: Fallout, playing from 7:30 – 10 PM.
9/1 – 9/3: Farmhouse Pottery is bringing out the big top for their Labor Day Tent Sale! Shop or watch potters at the wheel between 10 AM – 5 PM.
THURSDAY, AUGUST 30…
Exercise: Experience 90 minutes of yoga bliss with certified Bikram instructor Natalie Jones at the Barnard Inn Barn beginning at 9 AM.
Work: Take a synergistic approach to your workday at the Optimist Center’s Open Co-Working from 10 AM – 4 PM.
- 2 – 3:15 PM: Art tour, Conservation through the Artist’s Eye, at the Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park’s Carriage Barn Visitor Center. See website for ticket prices and more information.
- 3 – 3:45 PM: Complimentary guided garden stroll with the Five Senses Tour at Kelly Way Gardens.
- 3 - 6 PM: Seth Yacovone Band performing a free, live concert at Long Trail Brewery.
- 4 PM: Lebanon Farmers’ Market in NH with live music by the Madeleine Stewart Trio.
- 4:30 – 8 PM: Feast & Field Market, featuring a performance by the new acoustic band Night Tree.
- 5:30 – 7 PM: Thirsty Thursday Charity Wine Series at the Barnard Inn. Taste 15 wines for $15.
- 6:30 PM: Screening of the award-winning documentary about GMOs, Modified, at the Woodstock Town Hall Theatre.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 31…
From 1 – 5 PM, shop to your heart’s content at the April Cornell Trunk Show, happening at F.H. Gillingham & Son’s.
At 5:30 PM, take your pick for evening entertainment:
- Sway to the sounds of the DuPont Brothers during a free Brown Bag Concert! From 5:30 – 7 PM, you’ll hear this sibling indie-folk-rock duo perform on the back lawn of the Woodstock History Center overlooking the gorgeous Ottauquechee River. Beverages available for purchase on-site, just bring yourselves and a blanket or chair!
- Rock out at ArtisTree and Suicide Six’s Base Lodge Bluegrass Festival! There, you’ll get not just hot tunes, but also a hot meal straight from the BBQ, ice cold brews, scenic lift rides, and fun for the kids! Musical performers include Deadgrass and Hot Flannel All-Stars. Happening from 5:30 – 9:45 PM.
- Dine picnic-style on the bucolic lawn of Cloudland Farm while the Lesley Grant Trio serenades you from the porch! Choose from a tasty buffet of pulled pork, house-made rolls, a variety of local summer vegetable salads, and dessert. Beginning at 5:30 PM.
Then from 6 – 8 PM, visit local galleries and shops while you partake in great food and music at Woodstock Village Square Art Walk! Participating businesses include:
- Galleries: The Woodstock Gallery, Gallery on the Green, Christine Orcutt Henderson, Collective, Canaday Gallery at the Woodstock History Center
- Merchants: Clover Gift Shop, Phlox, The Yankee Bookshop, Unicorn, Encore Designer Consignment & Gear Traders
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 1…
Exercise: Beginning at 9 AM, make it a colorful Saturday with a 5K Rainbow Run/Hike on the Ascutney Trails.
Gardens & produce:
- 9 – 9:45 AM: Let the Woodstock Inn & Resort take you through the Kelly Way Orchard, highlighting the diversity of various fruit trees and landscape plants during the complimentary Fruits of Our Labor tour.
- 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM: Get your week’s fruits and veggies at the Mt Tom Farmers’ Market.
- 10 AM - 12 PM: With this garden tour and tasting, you’ll uncover Lessons in Leeks through an informative walk through the acres with Architect and Gardener Benjamin Pauly, followed by a culinary demonstration from Resort Executive Chef Rhys H. Lewis.
- 10 AM – 3 PM: Let Wellwood Orchards celebrate you during their Customer Appreciation Day! There, you’ll find a magic show, food, kids’ games, petting zoo, face painting, balloon art, contests, wagon rides, live music, and prizes – all FREE!
- 10 AM – 5 PM: As International Vulture Day, it’s the perfect time to admire those underappreciated birds of prey! At VINS, you’ll learn about these fascinating creatures, and even meet a few up close.
- 10 AM – 5 PM: Explore work and play the old-fashioned way at Billing Farm & Museum’s Labor & Leisure Day, from building split-rail fences, ice cream making, laundry, historical baseball, croquet, and so much more.
Music: Enjoy a free mountainside concert from 3:30 – 6:30 PM at Killington’s Cooler in the Mountains Concert Series! With J.S. Ondara opening for Donavon Frankenreiter at the Roaring Brook Umbrella Bar, you’ll get two acts for the price of none in a stellar location out in the open air.
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 2…
From 1 – 4 PM:
- Get a taste of Jazz on a Sunday Afternoon! At this concert series, you'll hear the smooth sounds of Sabrina & The Jazzcats at 1 The Green, located at the corner of Central & Elm St in Woodstock Village.
- Or search for the perfect mushroom with the Upper Valley Food Co-Op! Feel free to bring mushrooms you collected yourself for identification help, then enjoy cooking and tasting your edible finds back at the Co-Op’s classroom.
The Barnard Inn & Max’s Tavern invite you for a holiday weekend pop-up event you won’t forget! From 2- 6 PM, you’ll find fabulous local vendors including:
- Whistle Pig
- Stonecutter Spirits
- Curiosity Woodworks
- Woods Maple Syrup
- Grace & Evan Potter
- Teal Emlyn Illustrations
- Rocky Pasture Quilts
- Luce Farm (CBD)
- VT Farmstead Cheeses
With live music from Bow Thayer and free spirit tastings, how can you resist?
Join an annual Woodstock tradition at Our Lady of the Snows Catholic Church for a Mozart Concert! From 4 – 6 PM, celebrated violist Scott Woolweaver will lead Andrew Price, oboe, John Lindsey, violin, and Karen Kaderavek, cello, through a selection of Mozart masterpieces. Part of Pentangle Arts' Classical Music Series.
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 3…
Close out Labor Day with a bit of something different:
- Ultimate frisbee at Watson Park in Hartford from 5:30 – 7 PM.
- A free meditation class at the Woodstock Optimist Center beginning at 6 PM.
- For the wordsmiths out there: join Writer’s Night Out in Lebanon, NH to socialize and share your work from 7 – 9 PM.