ALL WEEKEND LONG…
8/9 and beyond: The 32nd Annual Quilt Exhibition at the Billings Farm & Museum continues! Visit Billings Farm & Museum for a display of colorful quilts handmade in Windsor County, as well as demonstrations and kid-friendly activities from 10 AM – 5 PM.
8/9 and beyond: You still have a chance to observe the juried artwork of UNBOUND VOL. VIII, a show that explores “the book” as a concept, objection, and format. Happening from 5:30 – 7:30 PM.
8/11-8/12: Spectators are welcome at the Festival of Eventing: August Horse Trials at Green Mountain Horse Association! Enjoy drinks, appetizers, and a fresh pie from Pizza Lupo as you watch intermediate riders compete for $10,000 in prize money! Beginning 5:30 PM on Saturday during the Triple Crown Nutrition Social.
8/10-8/13: Catch a showing of a movie critics call, “sublime,” this weekend! At 7:30 PM, watch Leave No Trace, the harrowing tale of a father and daughter who return to civilization after a life of isolation.
THURSDAY, AUGUST 9…
Teens, make the most of summer with this Thursday’s Adventure Getaway to Strategy Zone Outdoor Laser Tag and Sunapee Beach, available to ages 12-16! $38 for residents, $53 for non-residents, and starting at 9 AM.
If work’s on the agenda, spend a few hours at the Optimist Center, offering Open Coworking from 10 AM – 4 PM.
For a day in Lebanon, NH:
- From 11 AM – 7 PM, visit the AVA Gallery and Art Center for a free art exhibition, highlighting the 2017 juried award winners.
- At 12 PM, bring your lunch to Colburn Park and find a seat on the grass for Thursdays in the Park, featuring Bob Bloom's Drumming About You, interactive musical fun for everyone.
- From 4 – 7 PM, you don’t even need to leave the park to get amazing local produce from the Lebanon Farmers’ Market.
- Then, make it an evening at Colburn Park and stay for a performance from rock/country band Acoustic Radio at the Front Porch Concert Series, beginning at 7 PM.
To enjoy an immersive summertime garden experience, visit Kelly Way Gardens for their Five Senses Tour, which will envelop you in the sights, sounds, smells, tastes, and textures of a scenic, sustainable local garden-scape. This is a complimentary event happening from 3 – 3:45 PM.
Then, close out the night at Feast & Field, a farmers’ market, bar, restaurant, and outdoor music venue in one! From 4:30 – 8 PM, get a taste of Barnard’s beautiful rural landscapes while listening to a jazz fusion performance from Afro-Yaqui Music Collective.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 10…
Start your weekend bright and early with the 6th Annual Vermont Charity Golf Tournament at Killington! The day kicks off at 9 AM with registration followed by 18 holes of four man scramble. Registration starts at $200 and includes Titleist Golf balls, an Oakley High Fives golf shirt, lunch, and prizes!
Or for a quieter morning, visit Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park for Forestry, History and the Future from 10:30 – 11:30 AM! This free guided hike will take you through the sustainable working forest while providing insights into how the landscape was shaped over time.
Then, from 5 to 9 PM, Abracadabra Coffee's extended hours begin! Celebrate with the crew at the East End Park with food truck fare and local wares!
For activities beginning at/around 5:30 PM, take your pick:
- Art: Return to Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park for a different perspective of the beautiful grounds with Canvas, Cork and Cascade. Beginning at 5:30 PM, join in on a round of plein air painting and flower pressing! No registration required, just bring a bottle and some good friends.
- Music: Visit the lawn of the Woodstock History Center for an outdoor concert featuring The Ashely Storrow Trio! Happening from 5:30 – 7 PM, this folky performance includes original music from Storrow’s debut album, The Bear and the Bird, brought to you by the Pentangle Arts’ Brown Bag Concert Series.
- Action: This one’s for the ladies: extended lift and riding time at Suicide Six’s Elemental Bike Park! At She Shreds, you’ll join your fellow riders for an evening of amazing flow followed by drinks. Beginning at 5:45 PM. Lift tickets are $10.
Calling all Woodstock Inn & Country Club guests and members: you’re exclusively invited to play the sport of your choice and gather at the Country Club for a casual Friday evening dinner from 7 – 9 PM! $30 per person plus tax and gratuity. Reservations required.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 11…
Featured Event: Happening from 10 AM – 6 PM, Taste of Woodstock, a free street festival, will take over Elm Street, filling the road with tents from 45+ vendors offering local food, drinks, music, and fun! Great for the whole family. Click here to learn more.
Or stop by the Mt Tom Farmers' Market from 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM for fresh, local produce and wares.
Where education and sustainability meet:
- Join Vermont River Management Engineer Todd Menees from 9 – 11 AM to learn about flood resiliency, riparian vegetation, and water quality in the Ottauquechee River watershed. This is a 3-part workshop at Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park’s Forest Center. The event is free, but please pre-register.
- At 10 AM, meet the Sustainable Woodstock Energy Action Group and Vital Communities for a Solar Showcase on the Woodstock green and learn how you can invest in clean, renewable energy! Coinciding with Taste of Woodstock.
Glorious gardens with a twist:
- Tour a glorious garden full of beautiful late-summer blooms during, Seasonal Cut Flowers: Captivating Cuts in August, a free guided tour of Kelly Way Gardens from 9 – 9:45 AM.
- Or wait to kick your tour up a notch with A Garden Tour and Tasting - Vegetable Variations, happening from 10 AM – 12 PM. Under Architect and Gardener Benjamin Pauly’s direction, you’ll learn how Kelly Way Gardens came to life, enabling it to generate 10 tons of produce used in the Woodstock Inn & Resort kitchens annually. Then, you’ll join Resort Executive Chef Rhys H. Lewis in the state-of-the-art Red Barns kitchen for a decadent meal with ingredients hand-picked from the surrounding gardens. $45 per person plus taxes and gratuity. Registration required.
- Then, learn about Gardens through the Generations at Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park beginning at 2 PM.
For a day the kids will never forget, visit the Vermont Institute of Natural Science in Quechee! Saturday is Magnificent Mammals Day, and beginning at 10 AM, you’ll have access to:
- Face painting
- Touch and feel pelts and skulls
- Insights on tracks and scat
- Storytelling and crafts
- King Arthur Flour Bake Truck and Pizza Chef slices
- And so much more!
Music & movies:
- Enjoy mountain breezes while hearing Funky Dawgz Brass Band play at the Cooler in the Mountains Concert Series, happening from 3:30 – 6:30 PM in Killington. A free event in the Roaring Brook Umbrella Bar!
- Visit Billings Farm & Museum for the Woodstock Vermont Film Series screening of Menasche, a film praised by Rotten Tomatoes as offering “an intriguing look at a culture whose unfamiliarity to many viewers will be rendered irrelevant by the story's universally affecting themes and thoughtful approach." Showtimes at 5 and 7 PM.
SUNDAY, AUGUST 12…
After a full day of local adventures, take your pick between two unique evening activities:
- The Red Barn Dinner Series at Kelly Way Gardens, featuring a decadent meal of locally sourced ingredients. Happening from 5 – 8 PM, $55 per person plus tax and gratuity.
- Or imbibe at Harpoon Brewery (Windsor, VT) to the tune of live music outside with Ben Fuller. Beginning at 5 PM.